Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Cry of my Heart

Abba Father,
I don't know where to start.My heart is full...full of joy, full of happiness, full of thankfulness, full of gratitude, full of adventure, full of excitement.God, I know that You have placed me here for a purpose...and though that purpose may not be entirely clear to me right now, I will not lose hope that I am here to help transform lives...even if it's in the smallest way possible.

God,I cry out to you for help.I want to be a woman of God that has rough knees.Please give me more of a servant's heart.Help me to be selfless for You and that when I do serve people that I give You all the glory and honor and praise for it.God, people need to know what real love is in a world where all they've known are lies.Help me to show them real love.Help me to be bold when I'm scared.Help me to be daring when I'm frightened.Help me acknowledge Your work more and more each day.Help me to be positive when I feel like failure.Help me to find my self worth in You and not in what man tells me.Where I could see a negative thing, help me to see something beautiful.

Rid me of myself and make me fall at Your feet.You are so holy.That word amazes me and doesn't even do justice to how huge You are to me.Help me to feel Your presence wherever I am.Help me to love when it's uncomfortable.Be my comfort when I'm hurting.Be my source for wisdom.Be my passion when I've lost it.Be my smile when I am sad.Be my arms when someone needs a hug.Be my Dad when mine is miles away.Be my hope in a hopeless world.Be my laughter when people have forgotten how to laugh.Fill me up when I am dry.Be my heart, God.Help me to love without needing/wanting anything in return.Help me to be a blessing to those around me.

Make me selfless.

"Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. For your name's sake, O Lord, preserve my life; in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble. In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant." (Ps. 143)

No comments: