Thursday, October 9, 2008

Nearly a Kiwiacan...





As I was unpacking/decorating my new room in my flat last night...I got a phone call at 6:40 and it said "Josh." Hmm...I had to think about who Josh was.I picked up and Josh said, "Hey Heidi!It's Josh...so,last minute...but I have free tickets to the Breakers game and I'm wondering if you want to come." I had to think for a moment,then I realized who it was!!Rachel was on her way up,so I said that I'd wait for her and then we'd be right up...
Rachel and I found the place just fine and we recruited three guys that walked by and said, "It's all sold out." I said, "Hey,we have free tickets.Do you want to come?" It was a Dad and his two sons(I'm guessing).So...we were able to give away some more tickets. I hope they saw Jesus through us.
The game was down to the wire...and the Breakers lost by 9...it was craziness.I didn't think that I'd get that excited, but there I was jumping up and down whenever they scored and "booing" when the other team got fouled...or so called fouled.I must say,I made Maine proud...I felt like I was at a basketball tournament the way that I was cheering.If only I had made a sign...with a "D" and a white picket "fence." Too good!
I had the AMAZING opportunity to meet some of the Breakers dancers.It was a joke...I acted super excited,but anyone who knows me..knows that I could have cared less.I definitely pulled the "I'm from America.Can I have my picture taken with you?" They're like, "yeah honey..come on over!"It was hilarious.
Good times...I'm finally taking in some more cultural moments...and my flat is fantastic.I'll post pictures soon.
Be blessed and be a blessing.


No comments: