Sunday, October 12, 2008

Take Time to Realize...


So...ever since I was like able to stand..my dad,sister, and I had this thing that we would do every morning.Dad would leave for work and Robin and I would stand in the dining room and do "I heart you" to my dad through the window and he would sit in his car and do it back to us.We seriously did this every morning...so, when I went to Long Bay beach today...I decided to be creative and take some pictures for my family...I love you guys and miss you dearly.Dad,picture me doing this for you...well,you don't have to picture it because here are pictures for you!
















I moved into my flat and have some amazing flatmates.Michelle,Sarah,and Nicole are fantastic.I am so pumped to live with them.It's already been filled with adventure...and you all know how much I love adventure!So yeah...they rock and I'm so glad to be with them.I'm excited to get to know them better and to do tons of fun things together.

My list of realizations is getting longer and longer...but it's totally healthy...at least I think so.I'm realizing so much by being here.I'm realizing who my true friends are, what kind of friends I look for,how much I need God and lack sharing myself with Him sometimes...I also realize how much time I have with people.People mean the world to me.I love them and I love spending time with people...I'm just so much better when others are around.Don't get me wrong,I love to go on adventures by myself...but having company is so much better...especially in a car that doesn't have a radio.

One tidbit of information that came to my attention today is that Shore Grace was dead set on not having anyone come to work for the church if they were only going to be there for 12 months or less...but here I am.After talking to one of the leaders of the church he said that it's just too painful...people get attached and the teens get attached...and it's just so hard to get to know someone and then the next second have them gone and you never know when or if they'll be coming back.

That hit me hard.I am so blessed.It's totally a God thing that I'm here.Here is this church that has had people come in for a few months and leave...and they weren't keen on that..but here I am.I think that we take people forgranted.We don't realize the precious time that we have with them and we assume that they'll always physically be there for us to run to.It's weird...there's someone here that I have just spilled my life to and I've known this person for three weeks...but knowing that I only have a little over four months with the people here,I want to pour myself out and get to know them as best as I can...and I hope that they can find it in themselves to do the same with me.

I feel that when we're around the same people constantly we take the time with them forgranted.At camp, I had 2.5 months to get to know people and out of the experience,I have 4 of the closest friends that I have ever had.I think it's because I knew I only had a certain amount of time with them...so I poured myself out there...and they did the same.I want that with people in New Zealand.I don't want to walk away from this experience saying, "I wish that I had done that" or "I wish I had gotten to know that person better." I'm prepared to pour and they better be ready to soak it up.

Be blessed and be a blessing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I often wonder if you remember when I go by the window and remember these two little faces and their mother signing to me. It's nice to know you still remember that, too. I miss you. You have no idea...really no idea. Coal just doesn't fill the void....
Love ya honey-
Dad

David said...

Heid-ster... Praying for you and glad that I found your blog. Neat to read of your adventures 1/2way aroung the globe. I was kinda hoping that you'd try on one of those cheerleader outfits and give a shout out! Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers- FWIW we're singing "O Sifuni Mungu" in two weeks, sing along with us if you want. Stay well and CLOSE to God.
David G.