Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Here.

I've had so much opportunity to think over the past few days.The Yates (pastor and family) have been away skiing for the week,so I've had the blessing of staying at their house and looking after their critters...they have three chickens, a rabbit, and a cat.I was given the task of feeding the animals..obviously...I mean,they have to eat.So, I put on some rubber boots and went out to the swamp, because it rains constantly...picture me...jeans yanked up,boots on,hoodie,and a bucket of food...I felt like the biggest moron...but I looked dang attractive (jk).So now,I'm petrified of chickens because these three not only wake me up in the morning with their squacking, but they charged after me...no joke!They're all still alive...so house-sitting was a success!

On a different note...and onto another topic.

Church planting has been something that I have had a growing passion for over the past three years and being a part of a church plant over here is such a good learning opportunity.Shore Grace is celebrating its fifth year anniversary next month,so it's still a fairly young church.God has been so good to them and they are growing and reaching more people.I however, did not understand what really went into it.At times I feel that my abilities are being held back and that I don't have enough work, but at the same time...seeing how a church plant really functions is so valuable to me.They truly are a team made up of Mike, Julia, Kerry, and Rae as the head people if you could say that.They are the core and are some of the most dedicated people that I have ever met.

One of the ways that Shore Grace does outreach is through "cafe church" where they literally hold a cafe setting at the church location. This coming Sunday, we're doing cafe church with a theological twist. We're having a discussion titled: "Faith Under Scrutiny" Does science disprove God? What of suffering and evil and different religions? Is there life after death? We're having people write down questions that they have and then they'll be asked to the panel of scholars.I'm so excited to be a part of this!

On another note...sorry...but a huge way that I am blessed is through music and one song has meant so much to me over the past week...whenever I listen to it,I just see how majestic God is.I encourage you to find it and listen to it. "Here in Your Presence" by New Life Worship.Seriously..invest in this...it's so good.Let me know what you think.

Be blessed and be a blessing.

No comments: