Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's Beginning to Feel Somewhat Like Christmas


New Zealand is hot. Maine is cold. New Zealand has sand. Maine has snow. New Zealand has palm trees. Maine has pine cones. New Zealand has surfing. Maine has sledding. New Zealand has skinny Santa that wears shorts. Maine has a fat Santa who can't fit down a chimney.

Things are different here. It's Christmas, but it certainly doesn't feel like it. Well, it didn't anyway. Being able to walk outside in a shirt and pair of shorts wearing jandals just doesn't seem right when I know people back home are all freezing. I must say that I don't mind, but when it comes to Christmas,it just doesn't feel the same. It's different. Not a bad different, but just different.

So, to help get me in the Christmas spirit, I've purchased an advent calendar and today I went out and bought a Christmas tree with some decorations. Ornaments that people are sending me will be placed on this tree soon! Now that I have a Christmas tree up and I'm listening to Christmas tunes, it makes it feel like Christmas on the inside of the house even if it's 75 degrees outside of the house.

New Zealand is home. Maine is home.

No comments: