Saturday, December 27, 2008

Connections

This past summer, I was able to meet four kiwis...Kim, Lizzie, Dave (shout out), and Sam. Kim lives in Auckland and I had been wanting to get together with her since I have been here...well, yesterday my wish was granted!Rach and I headed over to Kim's house in Beachlands..which is by the beach..go figure...and we met her family and drove to Clevedon to get ice cream. It was so bizarre to be in Clevedon because it actually resembled my hometown, Houlton.

Later, Brent came over as well as Kim's boyfriend Jake. It was so nice to be around Kim. We were able to talk about camp, so it was super awesome that she knew who I was talking about and it may seem weird, but it seemed like a little piece of home and comfort. We ate dinner with her family (who are flipping amazing) and then later went out into the ocean, the pacific..yeah that's right.

A few went water skiing, but I'm not brave enough for that yet, but I did manage to go tubing. I went tubing in the Pacific...crazy. I didn't hold on for too long because I didn't have that great of a grip and for those of you that remember the banana boat from summer, I'm not too keen on water things like that..as it usually ends up with me being embarrassed for a little while. It was so wonderful to be around a Christian family and to make connection with Kim and her friends.

On another note, I need your prayer for something. I'm really wanting to be stretched when it comes to my ministry...I feel as though I need to start branching out way more than I currently am.So please pray that God will give me boldness and the courage to step up and reach out for Him.I'm here for ministry and I want to be doing that...not just with Christians, but with non-Christians.

Pray for me and I'll pray for you.How's that sound?

Blessings.

No comments: