Monday, December 15, 2008

He is the Lord your God


I don't know about you, but I love my Bible. Okay, so that is probs the typical answer from a missionary, but seriously...I mean it. I love it. I love how I have sermon notes throughout my Bible from years back and how I have papers inserted into my Bible that have quotes or sermon ideas written on them. When I was gone a while back on a weekend retreat, I was handed a piece of paper that had lyrics to a song written on it.

So, today I just really wasn't feeling myself...and I could tell and I'm sure others could as well.I'm starting to feel drained...I feel drained in every capacity and I hate that feeling. I had a little spell of food poisoning, so my body really hated me. We had just gotten done doing an outreach event at the church. I'm trying to get things sorted for camp. And I had something come up last week that just really set my mind thinking...so I wasn't feeling myself...at all.I'm usually quite perky and fun, but today...I just wasn't.

Later on, I was looking through my Bible and came across a few verses, but then the blue piece of paper caught my eye. I opened it up and here were these words:


When you pass through the water
He will be with you
When you pass through the rivers
They will never overflow
When you walk through the fire
The flames will not burn you
For He is the Lord your God.

He will lead the blind
In a way they cannot see now
In paths they do not know
He will lead them
He will cut through the darkness
And He'll shine the light before them
He will smite the rugged places
And smooth them into plains

These are the things He will do
He will not leave them undone
These are the things He will do
For He is the Lord
He is the Holy One

When you walk through the valley
He will walk beside you
When the wind blows against you
He will be your shield
Who shall you fear?
When God is on your side
He is the Lord your God.
The line, "When you pass through the rivers, they will not overflow" really caught my eye. Even though I am feeling drained and want to throw in the towel in some regard, God knows what He's doing. He has my back. He doesn't give me more than I can handle...and He won't let this overflow. Such a good reminder.
Do one thing every day that scares you.

No comments: