Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm in a Pit..With a Lion on a Sunny Day...

"God is awfully good at getting us where He wants us to go. But here's the catch: The right place often seems like the wrong place, and the right time often seems like wrong time."

I can honestly say that this is exactly how I have been feeling as of late. Not being able to go to LA to serve God in a different capacity...and having to sit for hours a day with my foot up so that it doesn't swell to be the size of a grapefruit...having my ankle be different shades of the rainbow (roygbiv)...and not fully understanding why I am where I am for such a time as this.

My best friend and I have been reading "In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day" lately and he pointed this quote out to me the other day. How perfect...this describes my life at this moment. I know that God has a purpose in everything...but what's the purpose in me sitting at home...is it that I needed to rest because I'm always going here, there, and everywhere? Is it that I'm supposed to gain strength in my ankles?

I find it interesting the lyrics, "I wanna be Your hands...I wanna be Your feet. I'll go where You send me..." Well, that's the cry of my heart. I want so desperately to be His hands and feet...so perhaps my feet just needed strengthening...or maybe my family needed me to be home...I really don't know.

The right time seems like the wrong time...and that's the truth in my heart. It seems like the wrong time for me to be here, but God, and only He, knows why I'm here at this point...and not over in LA doing different ministries.

I'm trying to think about how I can honor God where I'm at...in Houlton, Maine...how can I honor Him through this trial? So frustrating...but still seeking.

No comments: