Monday, February 9, 2009

A Visit from ME to NZ


This past week...I got quite the blessing. My pastor and his family came over from the States. They had two days in Auckland, so I definitely took advantage of that time with them. I think it would be safe to say that every person that lives overseas dreams of that time where someone from their hometown that means a lot to them...comes to visit them and see who they minister to, work with, and who they have come to love. That's why having the Burns family here was such an enormous blessing.


They flew in on Tuesday morning at 6 am, so I met them at the airport (after having an energy drink) and led them to their hotel in Takapuna. Unfortunately the hotel wouldn't let them in until later that afternoon, so they went up to the Yates' house for a nap. Later, they sat with Reuben, Tom, Phil, and I and we went over the Kiwi sayings...what a hoot!


That night, I had invited quite a few people who mean tons to me...to come up for a BBQ at the Yates house to meet my pastor and his family. Talk about another blessing. These people showed up to meet my pastor, but they showed me how much they care about me. Thanks guys! After a long night of fun, fellowship, and food, the Burns headed back to their hotel only to have a few hours of sleep until our next adventure.


The next day, I met them at 8:30 am (they like early!) and we headed to the skytower. I hadn't done this yet, so I was stoked! We went up, taking tons of pictures, watching people bungee off as well, and just enjoyed the sites. We then headed to Victoria Markets, but not before we stopped off at Starbucks for a tasty treat...can't take the American out of us, that's for sure. We then headed to Parnell rose gardens because I knew that Randall would totally appreciate this aspect of New Zealand beauty...as he has a green thumb.


Later in the evening, I took them to Muriwai beach to see the gannets as well as a New Zealand sunset. It truly was such a blessing to share part of this experience with them. They now know who I've worked with, who I love, and why it will be so hard for me to leave here. What a blessing!

No comments: