Monday, February 16, 2009

Reunion Adventure...

For those of you that have been faithful readers...thank you. To those of you who haven't been...you can totally catch up!Anyways...I have been really excited for the month of February to come. I met this really neat kid at camp in America. We'll call him...David Freakin Bosma. He's quite the character and we bonded at camp. Anyways...he's a kiwi and I wanted to see him when I was here.Well folks...this past Sunday I had the honor of seeing Dave again! It had been five months since we had seen each other. He's moved up to Auckland to attend Bible college and trust me, there will be more adventures with the great, the famous, David Freakin Bosma.
I'm not about to go on a lame adventure...so where did we go? We went to the coromandel peninsula...which is about 2.5-3 hours south of Auckland. Me, Brent, Evy, Michelle, and Dave hopped into the soccer mom mini van (Brent's wheels) and we headed south, but not for the winter...We spent the night on Sunday night and the next day the boys went to a hot water beach to go surfing, while Michelle and I hiked to Cathedral's Cove...where Prince Caspian was filmed. Later we went to a beach in a town that I can't pronounce so I'm not even going to try...and I really wanted to try something new...and Dave brought a skim board...so what did I do? Well, after trying a few times (more like 20), I managed to have my feet slip out from under me and I went tumbling to the ground..while Dave said, "No one falls on their first try." Yeah right...well, I succeeded at skimboarding...I wasn't great and it doesn't come naturally, but it's defs something that I want to do again. Thanks Dave.
This was the a picture taken at the cove.

This is actually where they filmed the opening scene of Prince Caspian where the kids enter into Narnia for the first time...watch the movie and you'll see.
From L to R: David Freakin Bosma, Me, Kim Gower. We all met at Camp Ladore in the summer of '08. I have been able to hang out with Kim quite a bit since being here and now that Dave is finally up in Auckland, I have no doubt that I'll be hanging out with him quite a bit.
Something crazy to think about...I was originally supposed to be flying home to the States tomorrow Feb. 18th, but I changed my flight to March 31st. How crazy is that to think about?!
Be blessed and be a blessing.



No comments: