Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I Found a Flat!

Hello readers,
I have some amazing news!When I first arrived in New Zealand,I started staying with this lady (Marie) and she is actually moving to a different house in a few weeks,so it was necessary for me to find a new place to live.Talk about scary!Here I was, in a totally different location,trying to find an apartment (flat over here).So, I busted out the newspapers on Monday and held the hi-liter in hand.I had always wanted to do that...sit there with a coffee, newspaper, and hi-liter, wanting to find a place to live.Here I was...living out that dream...

So,I started turning the pages and looking for places under $200 a week (which is about $130 American, 65 pounds in England, and about $14,000 in Canadian...hey,I don't know what the currency rate is). As I was looking,there were no flats available for under $200.In fact, the cheapest that I found was $260.That was okay for my budget, but definitely not ideal.So,I prayed that God would help me to find a place to live (because I really needed one...and soon.).I said to the pastor, "I'll look online and see what I can find." You see,I have this thought that if it's advertized online,then those people are somewhat more intelligent because they 1. Know what they're doing online and 2. Will seek a wider range of people...I guess I trust it more.

So,after searching online for about half an hour,I got to this one site that had four locations that were under $200 a week!I checked them each out online and the one that I was really inclined to look at was for $16o a week and it's a house with three local university students (all girls).I called the girl up and she was keen on me coming to look at the place, so Mike(pastor) and I went to look at it last night...and I have found a flat!!!The girls are dynamite and the flat is decent...once I put on some rubber gloves...we'll be all set.What's even better is that we all go grocery shopping together, eat meals together, and the rent includes everything...I mean it...everything!God answered prayer for sure!

I'll be moving in next Saturday and I am so very excited to live with these three girls.What a great ministry opportunity!I have been so blessed and I am trying my hardest to be a blessing to others. Now go out and do the same :)

2 comments:

karoheri said...

It was SO good to hear your voice and to see these amazing pictures!
Great news for your new flat. (at first, i thought you meant you got a flat on the car:)
Continueing to lift you up and praise the Lord for ALL He has done this week....
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

HEY!... Looks like your doing well over there! Keep up the good work heid. :) I'm praying for you.