Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Leave in a Week!

So...this is insane...I leave in a week.Actually,less than a week.In exactly 6 days and 19 hours I will be boarding a plane for the adventure of a lifetime.This is crazy.I'm actually doing this.A year ago,I never would have thought that this time would actually come.

It had been such a huge struggle to find a place that would accept me and that had mentors even available...that I never thought I'd be at this point.I am so blessed.After looking in multiple different locations and attempting to be mentored by some great mentors, God placed me at Shore Grace Wesleyan.

I will depart on September 16th at 2:36 pm from Portland, Maine and I will then fly to NYC, stop in JFK for 40 minutes, then board my next flight to LA.I'll have a layover there for about four hours and then board my final flight "Air New Zealand" for a 12-14 hour flight.That's intense.This experience is such a blessing.Even getting ready...is a blessing.I haven't started the packing process,so that thought could change very quickly.

Please pray for me as I tie up things at home and say good-bye to friends and family.This is no doubt going to be a stretching process for me and I know that I will need the Lord's strength.Please keep my family in prayer as there are some things going on with them.I am so excited to embark on this adventure!

If you think of challenges to have me do,please tell me...because I want to challenge myself as much as I can while I'm over there.May the Lord bless you!Heidi

1 comment:

Jess Whelan said...

Hey Love!
I am so stoaked for you! You are going to have an absolutly amazing time I am sure. It's hard to believe that you are just starting out and I am half way through. Try and soak up every minute....it goes by so fast!

Love you bunches!

Jess