Sunday, September 14, 2008

I leave in two sleeps...I may pee my pants!

Okay...so I'm sitting in my living room updating this oh so wonderful blog...booyah.My toes are freezing, I'm wearing a hoodie,and all that I can think is..."my feet will be in the pacific ocean so soon!"That...along with about a bazillion other thoughts...

Today was my last church service at home.What a blessing to have my pastor pray over me and to feel the support of my church family.I think that in order to feel secure in this adventure, that I needed the support of my church...so, thank you to those of you who are praying for me.If you've committed...please pray! :)

Also...I'm not sure how I feel about this whole "see you in five months" deal.I mean...really?It's sad when you think about it long enough,so I try not to do that.My friend wrote to me "I'll hug you again in five months." Dang...that made reality set in.And then for me to see the youth group tonight and spend time with them (here's your shout out guys...love you!)...it was so wonderful to hear about their intentions for the year.I have so much faith in you guys...go out and be Jesus to people...do what my generation couldn't do.

The packing process...check.Done that...only after about an hour of packing with my mom.You see,I wasn't the best at geometry,so trying to make everything fit into a little suitcase...just wasn't happening,so my mom packed my stuff..yes,I know...I'm a big baby.Go ahead and think what you will,but I'm packed,so there :) I realized one thing that I forgot though...a watch.I mean,who really needs to keep the time?Not me.Who needs to know when her flight is leaving?Not me.Who needs to know if she's late for her flight?Not me.So...I went to the lovely Wal*Mart and purchased a great sunflower watch...little girl's style...yeaha.

Here I sit...with cold toes and thoughts in my head.I'm really doing this.The next time you hear from me,I'll be in Kiwiland.

Blessings,
Heidi

1 comment:

Katey Merriman said...

I mIss you
Im praying for you!
You are going to do awesome!!