Friday, January 15, 2010

Keep Holding On

In the midst of hearing radio broadcasts and news reports about the devastation in Haiti, I find myself saying three words...keep holding on. Words can't even describe the pain and torture people are experiencing in a place that I've never been. I've never had to worry about my house not being there when I get home from work. I've never had to worry about having to dig to find my loved ones under a mass of destruction.These people's lives have been taken from them...everything they ever new to be "normal" is now changed forever. I pray that they would keep holding on...that they would seek truth and find it in a place where all that they see is devastation.

At youth group this past week, my youth pastor pointed a girl out to me who was wearing merely a sweatshirt. I had assumed that she had put her coat down somewhere in the youth center. He said, "That's all that she has for winter gear." My heart sank. Where I live is freakin' cold! I wouldn't be walking around in just a sweatshirt when the sun is shining, let alone in a sweatshirt at nighttime in the cold,bitter air.

Devastation takes different forms. For some areas...it is extreme...like in Haiti. For others, in a small town in northern Maine...it's braving the winter without a coat.

Think.

No comments: