Friday, September 26, 2008

One Week Past

"It's been one week since you looked at me..."

Okay...not quite,but I've been here a week and it's been so amazing.The people here are so welcoming and friendly...they actually leave their doors open for people to just come in whenever they feel like it...that's definitely a different thing to get used to.This past week,I started working in the office.I have never been an "office style" kind of girl,so this is different.The pastor is also teaches some business classes at the local university, so he is in and out of the office constantly.That's a bit different.

I led a teen Bible study on Wednesday night called "laundromat Bible study."Eight guys showed up and I love how open they are to growing in their relationship with Christ.They bring some difficult questions and I actually e-mailed one of my professors to have him try to answer my questions.I'm so pumped to be involved in this ministry and hear what questions they have to bring up in the upcoming weeks.

I said the other day how I can't believe that people can be surrounded by this constant beauty and still not believe that God exists.I find it so much easier to see God in everything that I see around me.It has definitely improved my spiritual life in being here...and I can see my character developing more and more and that is so encouraging!Things are going well and I'll keep you updated!

No comments: