Wednesday, September 17, 2008

the incredible journey...

Well,I love how when I think that I have things in control,God totally stirs them up.One of my biggest fears was that my flights would not work out...and today...wow,has been insane to the membrane.

It started out in Portland, Maine.My parents dropped me off and said good-bye (tear), and then I waited for my flight.I was quite early,so I passed the time with reading, jamming to some tunes, attempting to write a little bit, and painting my nails.Then, about twenty minutes before my flight was supposed to take off, the Delta rep. said that we were at a ground control because there were too many flights going into JFK (NYC). So, there I was...utter panic.So,the guy calls me up to the counter and tries to get some info because I will miss all of my connecting flights and won't make it to New Zealand.

Between him being on the phone and me calling/crying/panicing...I got on the plane to JFK at 3:15 and arrived at 4:50 (ten minutes late...so I missed my flight). So, I talked to another Delta rep (her name was Zina..sweet,I know).She was wonderful for this tear-stained face...she got me a ticket to LA (the last seat) and worked to book my flight to New Zealand as soon as I could get one.So, I was able to get on the internet for a little bit (paid $10 for it...eeesh) and talk to my friends who I filled in on what was going on and they prayed for me. Thank you so VERY much for doing that.

So,I hop on the plane to LA and sit beside a Marine who manages to fall asleep on my shoulder...I didn't even know his name,but hey,he's doing a service to our country..so I guess I could give him my shoulder.I took some Tylenol PM so that I could sleep...and I did...I slept for about 4.5 hours out of the 5.5 total that I was in the air.I hopped off the plane, sorted out my baggage, and here I sit..in LAX until tomorrow night at 10:30 when I will hop on a plane to New Zealand...a day later than I should have been.

I'm safe. I'm okay.I have internet and my Bible,so Jesus and I will be having good times.Please keep praying for me as I have to do my best to stay awake so that none of my things get stolen.It'll be a long night/day (yawning as I type).Please keep checking up on me.

Blessings!
Heidi

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha...

"I have the internet and my Bible."

How could you need anything else, huh? Where would we be without the internet these days?

I think that you need to ditch your Bible and get the Bible ebook...come on Heidi. Get with the times! Nobody reads REAL Bibles these days, only digital.

I'm very glad to hear that, despite all of the complications, it's going well for you and you're making it. Looking forward to what you've got next!

Victoria said...

Hey Heidi! Sounds like you're already having quite the adventure. Keep us updated.. love ya!

Heidi said...

Dustin...
I'll look into the Bible ebook...not.
I like mine..it has duct tape on it.Oh..check out the videos on facebook...lots of fun was had at 3 am this morning...woohoo.

Ross said...

sounds like a good start for sure! those airports sure are a barrel of laughs. hope you get onto your new New Zealand flight fine. just don't say "bomb". XD

Rachel said...

Hi Heidi! I meet you tomorrow, but I stumbled across your blog tonight! Anywho, WELCOME, Kia Ora, TO AOTEAROA, New Zealand!

I missed my flight to New Zealand by about 10 minutes too! Sat in the airport, paid $9 ( a bargain compared to what you paid) for internet...CRIED over skype to both people in New Zealand and in New York!

Glad you made it, and all in one piece it looks like!

See ya in a bit, Rach

P.s. I'm not a stalker...seriously! But we know people in common! I'll fill you in tomorrow!