Wednesday, December 2, 2009

OK for no SK...

Approximately four weeks from now, I was meant to be leaving to teach English in Suwon, South Korea. However, with the help of following God's leading, listening to my heart, and trying to better myself before I can give 100%...I am post-poning South Korea for a few months...

My intentions for going were not pure...and though I write that with remorse, I'm thankful that I've noticed that in myself...and I am trying to correct that before I venture off overseas again. I don't want to go somewhere if God isn't at the forefront of it all...and at this time, He wasn't with me going to South Korea. I was going for different reasons...which weren't necessarily Godly.

I don't say that to receive praise or to raise a fuss, but I wanted people who read this, to be let in on things that others may not hear about for a while. My family is being really supportive and I believe this is where God wants me for now...to straighten my heart out with why I really want to go...

I am still substitute teaching, working at an after school program, and volunteering at two youth groups...and I love doing all of these things. I was working at the after school program today and had a nice little chat with a fourth grader named "Bella." I asked her if she knew and Edwards...and she just laughed at me...and then we played with glitter. I'm having fun blessing these kids and seeing them laugh.

God has a plan and I'm thankful that I don't need to know what He has for me in the future...as long as I'm living for Him in the now...and that's A-OK with me.

No comments: