Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ungrateful Swine


This time of year brings about many different emotions. Some of you may be wondering, 'why ungrateful swine?' Well, in all honesty, I feel as though I have seen more ungrateful people in the past month than I have people who are actually thankful and grateful for what they have been given or for what people have done/are doing for them. It's amazing...this time of year...and people go bananas...we lose sight of the kind of heart and mindset we should have.

Upon looking up the word "ungrateful" in the dictionary, the definition found is: unappreciative; not displaying gratitude; not giving due return or recompense for benefits conferred.

I dare you the next time that you go into a store to pay attention to what little children are talking about...what they're asking for...what they're crying about. Then I dare you to hear what teenagers are saying and demanding. Then I dare you to look at what middle aged people are buying and saying...then take a good look at yourself...what would people say about your attitude if they heard you in a store?

I'm not going to lie...I am ungrateful. It's something that I have to remind myself daily...to be grateful for what I have...to not always be wanting something more...to not complain that what I have isn't "good enough"... that I "need" something else.

I don't say this to lay on a guilt trip at all...it's something that I've been observing for the past couple of months and really felt compelled to share.

Forgive me Lord if I seem ungrateful...for what I have...for what I'm given...and for people in my life...

No comments: