Sunday, November 15, 2009

L.O.V.E.

I recently googled the word "love" and it came up with 240,000,000 results in .15 seconds. How come it's so easy to find online, but not so easy to find in real life? It's so easy for us to love things that last a minute, while we have a harder time loving people who could last a lifetime.

I find myself struggling with the same thing at times, but lately I've been putting my heart in check with just how I am to love...and better yet,how I am supposed to show that love to others. Love can come in many forms...for some it's a hug, while for others it's in a smile. Some it's at first sight, while others never find it.
How dare I ever take this forgranted...how dare I ever think that I have it so rough...how dare I become complacent about my life...the life that so many people have impacted...and that impact comes from them loving me...and me letting them love me. If someone is a good friend of mine,then they easily get a piece of my heart.
I can remember the first time that my heart was broken. I never thought that it would get repaired...but I learned a hard lesson...which seems easy,but it wasn't at the time...If I'm looking to man for love, then I'll be searching my whole life for a love that is meaningless,but if I turn to God...which is the ultimate love...then I will have it not just for a moment,but for the maximum time...which is eternity.
Something that has boggled my mind and probably always will, is how parents cannot find it in them to love their children. I,thankfully, do not deal with this. I have two loving parents who have always provided for me, encouraged me, and voiced how proud they are of me with my life decisions and my character. They helped to shape who I am...and it kills me that others aren't as fortunate as me. Why was I dealt such a card while others receive the "joker" because they don't have loving parents.

One of my best friends doesn't receive the kind of love that he deserves...the kind of love that he needs from a parent...from his dad...from his mom. I see this very clearly...and it breaks my heart. Someone that I care so much about...and he isn't treated nearly as well as he should be. It makes me angry...makes me clean (because I clean when I'm really mad)...and makes me pray harder than I've ever prayed.


I'm praying for God to intervene in his life in a huge way...to put people in his path that will love him unconditionally. That God will take off the blindfolds that have been placed over my friend's mother's eyes so that she can see the true gift that her son is, not only to her,but to any person that he comes in contact with.


Will you please join me in this prayer...and for those who don't have loving parents. We were born to love. Christ loved. God loved us enough to send His Son...so why, can't we in return love our "sons?"

No comments: