Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Way Life Should Be.

Each State has a motto. Maine's motto: "The Way Life Should Be." Weird to think about. In three weeks, I'll be hopping on a plane and heading home to the great white north...also known as aroostook county. Many things are going through my head right now...I'm trying to process as much as I can...I'm trying to do as much as I can...I'm trying to stay focused and not check out, but honestly that can be quite the challenge.

I'm still having a blast over here. I love my teens. We made Bible Study t-shirts tonight...the Bible study is called "Laundromat" so my friend Evy designed the stencils and we did that tonight...put it this way...teens with spray paint...eeks! I now have perma-pink-purple hands...awesome!

I've had the opportunity to live at the Fussner house while they have been in the States and I've been able to spend tons of quality time with Emily and Evy...two of my favorite people over here. I have to say, I've loved the "family feel" that I get when I'm around them. It's like they are an extension to my family in the States...so that's awesome! I was talking with another American today about how when I see him in the States, I know that we'll pick up right where we left off because we experienced this together, so I know that there will always be that bond...if that makes any sense.

So...I'm doing well. I am definitely not looking forward to leaving, but I am looking forward to being home in the cold (okay,slight lie), and I'm ready to see my family and friends and to look on ahead to the next chapter.

It may not be "the way life should be." Instead, I like to look at it as "The way life could be."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post Heidi. I like your new slogan called "The way life/things could be." It reminds me of our purpose to lead people to Christ.

Jonathan Bragdon