Thursday, March 19, 2009

I've Lived in Six Places...

It's pretty crazy that my time here is nearly done.I try to escape the fact that I'm leaving soon, but I just can't. People keep telling me "You have so much time left," but I really don't and I have to prepare myself to head home in 11 days...that's mental. Since I've been here, I have had numerous people come into my life and impact it in ways that are far beyond anything that I could have ever imagined.

It boggles my mind that since being here, I have lived in six different places...I've been here for 6.5 months...that's a lot of moving around and a lot of living out of my suitcase...woot woot!About a month ago, I was worried as to where I was going to live for the last 2.5 weeks that I'm here...and the Mackay's stepped in and said that they would love to have me. I LOVE this family...they are literally like a home away from home...I've never felt more welcome or loved...that's what this family has given me. I have loved living with them for the past week and I have another week and a half with them.

Rod and Jan Mackay are some of the best examples of what selfless loving is all about. They are sacrificial in a way that I haven't seen before. They have three sons. James (17), Rick (16), and Sam (13). I love these boys. I feel like their older sister and that blesses me in itself! Yesterday, we had the opportunity to go to James' first rugby match. He wears #9 (hence the picture) and yes, he has a mullet...a typical hairstyle here. Rick, Sam, and I had a little photoshoot while Jan took Sophie (their dog) for a nice little walk.

It will break my heart to leave them, but I so look forward to seeing where the boys end up and hearing about how many more people Rod and Jan get to minister to.
James #9...he gave me the nickname "Heidi Face" which I am now called...or to shorten it, they don't call me Heidi, but they call me "Face." True story.
Rick (L) and Sam (R) playing on a little playground. Rick told me that I looked too excited to see a playground...and then I got on the swing and went as high as I could..with a big grin on my face. Nice to know that some things won't ever change.

No comments: