Thursday, January 1, 2009

So this is the New Year...

New Years in New Zealand. This picture was taken of the Sky Tower in Auckland from Devonport.They shut the lights off of the sky tower (which was all white) and then they had the fireworks actually shoot out from the sky tower. That was intense! A group of us went down to watch the fireworks and I had the pleasure of spending New Year's Eve with my flatmate Michelle and her brother Cameron who had come up for the weekend. Usually in Maine, we watch the fireworks from Times Square via television, so it was quite the experience to be watching them from the city. It was definitely something to mark down in my books.

As it is New Years, I have a list of things that I want to do this year...or at least for the next three months. My friend Brent gave me this amazing Christmas present. He gave me a "Heidi's Adventure List" to get me motivated to do things while I'm here for three months. Thanks pal!These are the adventures that I hope to tackle before I head home at the end of March.

*Sheer a sheep
*Milk a cow
*Climb Mt. Rangitoto (inactive volcano)
*Wellington (capital of NZ)
*Cathedral's Cove (filmed Prince Caspian)
*See a kiwibird
*Hold a lion cub
*Cliff jumping
*Pier jumping
*Go camping
*Chase a Pokeku
*The Luge
*Bungee jumping
*Baptized in the Pacific
*Attempt surfing
*See a dolphin
*Fishing
*Zoo
*Sky Tower
*Learn how to play netball
*Pick up a hitch hiker
*Take the bus (scary thought)
*Rotorua

We'll see how many of these I get to do!Come along my adventure!

3 comments:

BJ said...

I've never heard of the "sheer a sheep" one before! In its verb form "sheer" means to "turn sharply" - maybe you meant "shear a sheep" but turning a sheep sharply could be all sorts of fun too!

Heidi said...

my bad...haha!

Gabi said...

you forgot to add "robbing a bank" :) Good luck with the list.