Friday, October 30, 2009

The Legend of Ms. Sour

The joys of substitute teaching...

Though I woke up today exhausted, I was stoked because I would be subbing in the Kindergarten class. They are currently at music class as I type this. I walked into the classroom and there's a giant blue rug on the floor with the alphabet on it. Oh yes, it was "THE RUG." The rug where magic happens...where they learn the alphabet, the calendar, and pledge allegiance and then sing a song about the flag that I had never heard before. It was the rug where stories were told and kids giggled. Good times.

I'm amazed at how kids speak. Granted that they are roughly 5-6 years old, I love how they can't pronounce their r's, s's, and have trouble with t's as well...which means that I am "Ms. Sour" yet again. I don't mind that though. I can remember being in kindergarten and having nap time, looking at pictures in books, and attempting to read, when really I was just making up stories...being the creative genius that I am...not really.

It's fun to watch them draw pictures, hear about what they're going to dress up as for halloween one will be a unicorn..my fav), listen to them sound out words, and the laughter. I was thinking about when I get to South Korea, I could be teaching a kindergarten class. Though that scares me because you're responsible for firstly introducing them to the language, seeing this little ones makes me really excited to get over there and work with this age group. I think that it's going to be priceless!

No comments: